While the leadership and priorities of the Federal Trade Commission have changed under the Trump Administration, the FTC continues to take an active role in the enforcement of consumer financial laws. On May 7, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET, Ballard Spahr will hold a webinar, “What’s Happening at the FTC.” Our special guest speakers will be Andrew Smith, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, and Malini Mithal, Associate Director of the FTC’s Division of Financial Practices.
The topics that our guests and leaders of Ballard Spahr’s Consumer Financial Services Group will discuss include:
- Important consent orders and enforcement litigation involving consumer financial services during the last year and priorities going forward
- Coordination with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and state attorneys general
- Current activities involving credit reporting, lead generation, fintech companies, and small business lending
- Issues arising from the use of artificial intelligence and algorithms
- Privacy and data security developments, including improvements to orders in data security cases
- Status of litigation challenging the FTC’s authority to seek restitution
- Actions taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Click here to register for the webinar.