The CFPB announced the appointment of new members to its Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, and Credit Union Advisory Council. New members to the Consumer Advisory Board will serve three-year terms and new members to the Community Bank and Credit Union Advisory Councils will serve two-year terms.
New Consumer Advisory Board members are:
- Seema M. Agnani, Director of Policy and Civic Engagement, National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development, Washington, D.C.
- Sylvia A. Alvarez, Executive Director, Housing & Education Alliance, Tampa, Fla.
- Tim Chen, Chief Executive Officer, NerdWallet, San Francisco, Calif.
- Kathleen C. Engel, Research Professor, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Mass.
- Judith L. Fox, Clinical Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.
- Neil F. Hall, Executive Vice President, PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Dr. Raul A. Hinojosa-Ojeda, Associate Professor, University of California Los Angeles Division of Social Sciences, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Brian D. Hughes, Senior Vice President of Card Marketing, Discover Financial Services, Deerfield, Ill.
- Christopher G. Kukla, Senior Vice President, Center for Responsible Lending, Durham, N.C.
- Max R. Levchin, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Affirm, San Francisco, Calif.
- Phaedra B. Robinson, Executive Director, Coalition for a Prosperous Mississippi, Richland, Miss.
- Joshua Zinner, Co-Director, New Economy Project, New York, N.Y.
New Community Bank Advisory Council members are:
- Jonathan T. Allen, Chief Compliance Officer, Bank of American Fork, American Fork, Utah
- Kathleen J. Cook, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Village Bank, Saint Libory, Ill.
- Julia R. DeBery, Senior Vice President, Internal Audit and Risk Management, Bath Savings Institution, Bath, Maine
- Jack E. Hopkins , President and Chief Executive Officer, CorTrust Bank, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Ricardo ‘Ricky’ D. Leal, Community Lender and Senior Vice President, First Community Bank, N.A., Harlingen, Texas
- Cara L. Quick, Vice President of Compliance, First Hope Bank, N.A., Hope, N.J.
- Thomas E. Spitz, Chief Executive Officer, Settlers Bank, Windsor, Wis.
- Yee Phong (Alan) Thian, President and Chief Executive Officer, Royal Business Bank, Arcadia, Calif.
- Samuel Vallandingham, President and Chief Executive Officer, First State Bank, Barboursville, W.Va.
New Credit Union Advisory Council members are:
- Gail L. DeBoer , President and Chief Executive Officer, SAC Federal Credit Union, Papillion, Neb.
- Robert C. Donley, Executive Vice President, Members Credit Union, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Gregory W. Higgins , Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Wings Financial Credit Union, Saint Paul, Minn.
- Maria A. LaVelle, Chief Executive Officer, Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union, Greensburg, Pa.
- Carrie L. O’Connor, Senior Vice President, Lending and Operations, Community America Credit Union, Shawnee Mission, Kan.
- Thomas J. O’Shea, President and Chief Executive Officer, Aspire Federal Credit Union, Clark, N.J.
- Katey Proefke – Assistant Vice President of Compliance, Chevron Federal Credit Union, Oakland, Calif.
- James E. Spradlin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Park Community Credit Union, Louisville, Ky.
Lists of all members of the CFPB’s advisory groups, which include the Academic Research Council, are available on the CFPB’s website, together with the groups’ charters and information about the groups’ meetings. The CFPB recently announced that a meeting of its Community Bank Advisory Council is scheduled for September 30, 2015 in Washington, D.C. at which there will be a discussion of consumer challenges in payments. In a notice published in today’s Federal Register, the CFPB announced that its Credit Union Advisory Council will meet on October 8, 2015 in Washington, D.C. and will also discuss consumer challenges in payments.