The second presentation of the 22nd Annual Consumer Financial Services Institute, sponsored by the Practising Law Institute, will take place in Chicago on May 4-5, 2017. I am co-chairing the event, as I have for the past 21 years. Hundreds of people attended the first presentation in NYC, live and on the web, on April 27-28, 2017. The upcoming Chicago presentation is nearly sold out.
As it did in New York, the Institute will feature a 2-hour program at the beginning of the first day titled “The CFPB Speaks: Recent and Upcoming Initiatives.” (Read our blog post recapping the NYC presentation here.) I will moderate a panel discussion of three senior CFPB lawyers and two industry lawyers (one of whom will be my partner Chris Willis) who have extensive experience in dealing with the CFPB.
The CFPB panelists in Chicago will be:
- Kristen Donoghue, Principal Deputy for Enforcement
- Kelly T. Cochran, Assistant Director, Office of Regulations
- Peggy L. Twohig, Assistant Director for Supervision Policy
The Institute will focus on a variety of cutting-edge issues and developments, including:
- Impact of the election on the CFPB, other federal and state agencies
- Privacy and data security
- Fair lending
- Emerging payments
- State regulatory initiatives and developments
- Class action developments and settlements
- Debt collection
- TCPA and FCRA
We hope you can join us for this informative and valuable program. PLI has made a special 25 percent discounted registration fee available to those who register using the link that follows. To register and view a complete description of PLI’s 22nd Annual Consumer Financial Services Institute, click here.
For more information, contact Danielle Cohen at 212.824.5857 or firstname.lastname@example.org.