According to media reports, Mick Mulvaney, President Trump’s designee as CFPB Acting Director, has told CFPB staff that he plans to add six new staff members who currently work in the Trump administration. The new staff members reportedly include:
- John Czwartacki, who handles public relations for the Office of Management and Budget, the agency that Mr. Mulvaney leads, will handle public relations for the CFPB
- Emma Doyle, Mr. Mulvaney’s OMB chief of staff
- James Galkowski, a special assistant to Mr. Mulvaney at OMB
- Eric Blankenstein, an attorney with the Office of the United States Trade Representative
- Brian Johnson, a House Financial Services Committee staff member
- Sheila Greenwood, a HUD official
The report indicates that Ms. Greenwood, Mr. Johnson, and Mr. Blankenstein will work at the CFPB on a full-time basis while the others will divide their time between the CFPB and OMB (as does Mr. Mulvaney).