Last Friday, the CFPB announced several changes in senior leadership. The individuals and their backgrounds as set forth in the CFPB’s press release are as follows:
- Andrew Duke will serve as the Policy Associate Director for External Affairs. Mr. Duke has 27 years of experience in public policy, including 20 years on Capitol Hill serving with three different members of Congress.
- Laura Fiene will serve as West Regional Director. Ms. Fiene joined the CFPB in 2011. Ms. Fiene has more than 31 years of experience in regulating financial services companies, including 27 years dedicated to supervising and examining compliance with federal consumer financial laws and regulations.
- Marisol Garibay will serve as the Acting Chief Communications Officer. Ms. Garibay has 14 years of experience in policy communications focused on financial issues and served most recently as Senior Advisor and Acting Communications Director at the Office of Management and Budget.
- Delicia Reynolds Hand will serve as Deputy Associate Director for External Affairs. Ms. Hand joined the Bureau in 2012 and has 17 years of experience, having worked in consumer advocacy, community development, and on Capitol Hill.
- Lora McCray will serve as Director for the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion. Ms. McCray has 15 years of experience in diversity practice and management, most recently as the Assistant Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.