Congresswoman Maxine Waters, the new Democratic Chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, announced that the Democratic Committee members indicated below will serve as Subcommittee Chairs. In addition to creating a new Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion, Politico has reported that Ms. Waters is expected to create a new fintech task force.
The new Subcommittee Chairs are:
- Carolyn Maloney (NY-12), Chair of the Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets
- Gregory Meeks (NY-5), Chair of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions
- William Lacy Clay (MO-1), Chair of the Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development and Insurance
- Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5), Chair of the Subcommittee on National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy (The issues covered by this Subcommittee were previously split between two subcommittees.)
- Joyce Beatty (OH-3), Chair of the Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Al Green (TX-09), Chair of the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations