The CFPB announced that the following people have joined its executive team:
- Bryan A. Schneider will serve as Associate Director in the Supervision, Enforcement and Fair Lending Division. Mr. Schneider most recently served as the Secretary of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. He previously worked for the Walgreen Co. for 15 years in numerous capacities, from divisional vice president and assistant general counsel to senior attorney.
- Desmond Brown will serve as the Deputy Associate Director for the Consumer Education and Engagement Division. Mr. Brown first joined the Bureau as a program specialist for the Office of Financial Empowerment in 2012.
- Jason Brown will serve as Assistant Director for Research. Mr. Brown has 16 years of Federal service, most recently as Associate Commissioner in Office of Research, Evaluation, and Statistics at the Social Security Administration and previously in numerous capacities as an economist at the Department of the Treasury.
- Karla Carnemark will serve as the Deputy Chief of Staff. Ms. Carnemark has worked with senior-level government executives from the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Ren Essene will serve as Chief Data Officer. Ms. Essene has served at the Bureau in a number of capacities since 2011. She previously worked at the Federal Reserve.