The House Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing entitled “Examining Legislation to Protect Consumers and Small Business Owners from Abusive Debt Collection Practices,” on Thursday, September 26, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. The hearing will also be live streamed.
The following witnesses are scheduled to testify:
- Rev. Dr. Cassandra Gould, Pastor, Quinn Chapel A.M.E. Church (Jefferson City, MO) and Executive Director, Missouri Faith Voices
- Bhairavi Desai, Executive Director, New York Taxi Workers Alliance
- April Kuehnhoff, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Professor Dalié Jiménez, Professor of Law, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Sarah Auchterlonie, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- John H. Bedard, Jr., Bedard Law Group, P.C.
The Committee Memorandum and related legislation can be found here.