The Task Force on Financial Technology of the House Financial Services Committee has scheduled a hearing entitled “Banking on Your Data: The Role of Big Data in Financial Services” on November 21, 2019. The Task Force is expected to explore, in part, a legal framework for big technology firms that have entered the financial marketplace.
The scheduled witnesses include:
- Ms. Lauren Saunders, Associate Director, National Consumer Law Center
- Dr. Seny Kamara, PhD., Associate Professor of Computer Science, Brown University and Chief Scientist, Aroki Systems
- Dr. Christopher Gillard, PhD., Professor of English, Macomb Community College and Digital Pedagogy Lab Advisor
- Mr. Don Cardinal, Managing Director, Financial Data Exchange (“FDX”)
- Mr. Duane Pozza, Partner, Wiley Rein
Click here for the Committee Memorandum and proposed legislation.