On March 10, 2020, the CFPB will host a day-long event entitled, “Evolutions in Consumer Debt Relief.” The event will explore options for consumers facing unmanageable unsecured debt and limited credit options.
Panelists include representation from creditors, consumer advocates, and bankruptcy experts, as well as providers of debt settlement, debt management, and credit counseling services. The panel topics are:
- Debt Relief Options Through Creditors
- Third-Party Debt Relief Offerings
- Debt Relief Innovation/FinTech
- Consumer Experiences in Debt Relief
- Future of Debt Relief: Emerging Opportunities and Challenges
Danielle Fagre Arlowe, Senior Vice President of the American Financial Services Association, will appear on the panel, “Debt Relief Options Through Creditors.” The event will be livestreamed on the CFPB website.