This Friday, June 5, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET, Ballard Spahr will hold a webinar, “State Attorney General Priorities: Coronavirus and Beyond.” Our special guest speakers will be three representatives from state Attorney Generals’ offices: Bernard Eskandari from California, Tom James from Illinois, and Max Weinstein from Massachusetts. Our guests will discuss their consumer financial services priorities and focus areas arising from the COVID-19 crisis and beyond with leaders of Ballard Spahr’s Consumer Financial Services Group.
Discussion topics will include:
- A comparison between the current crisis and the 2008 recession, and how the lessons of 2008 apply to the current situation
- Complaint trends in state attorney generals’ offices
- Expected enforcement activity relating to mortgage servicing and foreclosures, including a discussion of non-English language support and ability to repay in connection with mortgage loan modifications
- Ability-to-repay issues affecting all types of consumer lending, in light of 2008-era enforcement actions and a recent multi-state settlement with a large subprime auto finance company
- State restrictions on debt collection, and collection-related enforcement likely to follow
- Student loan servicing and collection issues
- Auto leasing issues, including returns of leased vehicles
Click here to register.