As the federal regulator with supervisory authority over (non-Federal Reserve member) state banks and savings associations, the FDIC continues to play an important role in the consumer protection arena. On June 30, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. ET, PLI will offer a one-hour briefing, “Consumer Protection: What’s Happening at the FDIC.” Leonard Chanin, Deputy to the FDIC Chairman, will discuss a wide range of topics with Alan Kaplinsky and Chris Willis, leaders of Ballard Spahr’s Consumer Financial Services Group.
Topics will include:
- Actions taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Major areas of focus involving consumer financial services
- Important consent orders and fines involving consumer financial services imposed during the last year
- Guidance on small-dollar lending
- Proposal on federal interest rate authority (that would undo Madden decision)
- Statement on use of alternative data in credit underwriting
- Proposal on deposit insurance applications from industrial banks and industrial loan companies
Click here for more information and to register. Registration is free to PLI Priority Members and to others using the code FREE COVID during checkout.