The House Financial Services Task Force on Artificial Intelligence will hold a hearing entitled, “The Future of Identity in Financial Services: Threats, Challenges, and Opportunities,” at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 12, 2019, in room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building.
The memo to the FSC Majority Staff indicates the hearing will focus on artificial intelligence and the risks involved in the way that consumers identify themselves and have their identities verified in the financial marketplace, particularly online.
The following witnesses are scheduled to testify:
- Anne Washington, Assistant Professor of Data Policy, NYU Steinhardt School
- Valerie Abend, Managing Director, Accenture Security
- Jeremy Grant, Coordinator, Better Identity Coalition
- Amy Walraven, President and Founder, Turnkey Risk Solutions
- Andrew Boysen, Chief Identity Officer, SecureKey Technologies